Prenovitiate ProgramThe prenovitiate program provides candidates an:
• introduction to Glenmary ideals, values, and way of life;
• atmosphere where the candidate can discern if God is calling him;
• environment in which the candidate can grow in intimacy with God.
The pre-novitiate is generally one year in length, but may vary according to the needs of the individual.
NovitiateThe novitiate provides an opportunity for:
• personal growth in virtue;
• a deepening of spiritual life;
• learning about Glenmary history, goals, and structure;
• understanding missionary life.
The length of the novitiate is one year. After the novitiate, one can request to profess his first Oath.
Advanced FormationThe advanced formation program, both for brothers and seminarians, continues the student’s:
• development of spirituality, prayer life;
• academic, professional, and pastoral training;
• growth in personal maturity.
This stage of formation lasts from the end of the novitiate until the Final Oath.
Glenmary’s formation is centered on authentic Christian values and grounded in the Gospel.
Vocation Magazine and DVD
Glenmary's Vocation Office has published a magazine and produced a DVD for men discerning a vocation as a missionary priest or brother.
Our Come & See magazine answers the frequently asked questions that discerners have about religious life, the ministries of priests and brothers, the formation process and much more.
Whatever stage of the discernment process, this magazine will help readers to learn more about Glenmary and the ministry we undertake serving the poor and forgotten in the U.S. missions.
Glenmary’s vocation DVD, "Walking Together in Mission" includes a general overview of Glenmary's mission and ministry as told by the missioners and students. (See trailer below)
In addition it gives viewers a clear insight into Glenmary's mission and ministry—as well as describing what's involved in discerning and responding to the call to serve as Glenmary priests and brothers.
Both resources are available in English or Spanish. Please contact us if you would like to receive a copy or would like copies to distribute at your parish or school.