Vocation, Formation Programs Strong and Growing
The five new students are as follows:
• J. Carlos Miguel Lopez of Chiapas, Mexico, a priesthood candidate who has returned to Glenmary after a year at home to discern. He is living at the Glenmary House of Studies in St. Meinrad, Ind., and taking English classes at the University of Evansville, prior to beginning theology studies at St. Meinrad Seminary.
• Antonio Marchi, a native of Argentina now residing in Lexington, Ky., a brotherhood candidate who will join Glenmary's formation program in January 2015. He will study pastoral ministry and theology at Brescia University in Owensboro, Ky.
• Boniface Mecha of Kisii, Kenya, a candidate for priesthood who began studies in fall 2014 at St. Meinrad School of Theology.
• Grant Monnig of Glasgow, Mo., a priesthood candidate who entered the pre-theology program at St. Meinrad Seminary in fall 2014.
• Daniel Ochoa Saldana of Michoacán, Mexico, who later moved to Mebane, N.C.—an aspirant pursuing priesthood who began his philosophy studies in fall 2014 at Divine Word College in Epworth, Iowa.
Brother David says a Come & See retreat was a key in each new man's discernment. "It allowed each to have a firsthand experience of Glenmary, meet missioners, understand the tremendous needs in our mission areas, and gain confidence to begin the application process."
For the future, he believes that "other young men discerning a vocation will be inspired by the dedication and enthusiasm of the men in our formation program."
The original version of this article appeared in the Autumn 2014 Home Mission News.