Another Way to Help Glenmary: In-Kind Giving
By Jodi Mott, Office Projects Coordinator,
Mission Education and Ministry Office
We are deeply thankful to all who donate “gifts in kind” to support Glenmary and those we serve. The following are some items that members of our small, rural missions and residents of our mission counties can use—and some items that typically cannot be put to good use.
Often, it saves time and money if donors can ship donations directly to the missions. Should you wish to do so, please contact me at 513-881-7440 for shipping addresses or to inquire about items not listed here. You can also check our Glenmary Web site (www.glenmary.org/wishlist) for quarterly wish-list updates. Thank you!
Wish List for Glenmary Mission Areas
Items Glenmary typically CAN use:
• Catholic Bibles in good condition, both English and Spanish
• Infant and children’s clothing and blankets
• Small to medium trousers, jackets, ball caps, and sunscreen for migrant workers
• School supplies
• Children’s books in good condition
• Craft/educational materials for Vacation Bible Schools and the Glenmary Volunteer Program
• Playground/sports equipment in good condition
• Breviaries for our seminarians
Items Glenmary typically CANNOT use:
• Any items included in mailings from other religious organizations (necklaces, coins, etc.)
• Outdated daily Scripture resources such as Magnificat, Our Daily Bread, etc.
• Church organs
• Old, worn vestments
• Large items that would have to be stored (our storage space is very limited)
• Large amounts of adult clothing (because of limited storage space)
• Books other than children’s books
This article first appeared in the Spring/Summer 2016 Home Mission News newsletter.