Coworker, Ministry & Volunteer Opportunities
Glenmary Home Missioners, a Catholic Society of priests and brothers, is searching for an Accounting Manager with five years of experience. The Accounting Manager will assist the Treasurer/Chief Administrator in managing the financial operations (civil and canonical) for the society.
Key responsibilities include:
- • Maintaining the overall accounting system in accordance with GAAP.
- • Preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations
- • Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements
- • Supervising part time accounting clerk and cashier.
- • Responsible for the accounting function of the Charitable Gift Annuity Program, including state required reporting.
- • Responsible for coordinating the annual audit workpapers with external auditors.
- • Assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable, and related duties.
The candidate must have computer skills (programs include Excel, Abila, and Gift Wrap), strong verbal and written communication skills with a customer service mindset, eager problem-solver that actively resolves problems. Working knowledge of charitable gift annuities is valuable. Month end closings experience desired. Non-profit experience a plus. Email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Long-term Volunteers sought
Glenmary Home Missioners is seeking five individuals to serve as long-term volunteers, aka Mountain Managers, at the Glenmary Group Volunteer program site on Joppa Mountain in Grainger County, Tenn.
Mountain Managers live on site and serve terms from three to 24 months with negotiable starting dates and breaks for Christmas and summer. Duties include: overall supervision and leadership of volunteer groups; Planning and coordination with local directors of programs for weekly activities; Renovation and rehab projects for those in need in Union and Grainger counties; Meal planning, preparation, clean-up for groups of 12-35; Purchasing food and household supplies; Sale and inventory control of program memorabilia; General maintenance and upkeep of volunteer facility; Manual labor at building/renovation sites; Nursing home visitation; Community outreach; Environmental protection and landscaping.